We are asking for your support for the Lloyd Center for the Environment’s 2013 Annual Fund. Our goal is to raise a critical $100,000 to support the research, education and outreach programs the Lloyd Center provides to our community.
Did you know, thanks to supporters like you:
• The Lloyd Center provides education programs to over 12,000 students from 50 different public and private schools across Massachusetts and Rhode Island;
• Almost 50% of Lloyd Center education programs are provided to low-income, high-need students;
• Our free Dartmouth, MA Visitor Center/82-acre preserve attracts over 25,000 visitors a year;
• Every day, our research staff is working to monitor threatened and endangered species.
You are already an important part of the Lloyd Center community. Lloyd Center programs are in high demand, but we need your support to continue. Every donation counts!
What your Annual Fund donation will do:
• $50 will support an afterschool program on coastal ecosystems;
• $150 will provide a travelling lab program with live estuary animals to a local school;
• $1,000 will offer a Coastal Field Study experience at the Lloyd Center to 100 students, many of whom have no access to nature or environmental education;
• $5,000 will hire two summer research interns to document local species for the Biodiversity Initiative.
Lloyd Center programs make a big difference in our community:
“Thank you for all of the fun we had at the Lloyd Center. I love the touch tank and the BIG turtles! I’m sad I didn’t get to stay overnight.” – Coastal Field Study Student age 7, from New Bedford, MA
“Wonderful day filled with lots of family fun activities for kids of all ages! We could have stayed hours longer and never been bored” – Family Fun Fest parent, from Holliston, MA
“Thanks for showing me the birds and the snake. I like the birds best. You gave me an awesome day!– Feathery Focus Student age 9, from Dartmouth, MA
We count on your generosity to provide our much-needed services. Please help us so together we can continue to offer these unique, hands-on experiences to all students!
Click here to donate securely. Thank you!